Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ca...@mac.com on 2003/11/05 16:36:59 UTC

Valid Website? Bug Submission?

 > HTML validator only gives one error:

http://validator.w3.org/
check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fmaven.apache.org&charset=%28d
 > etect+automatically%29&doctype=XHTML+1.0+Transitional

I was actually referring to the entirety of the website, not just the
front page.  For instance:
http://validator.w3.org/
check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fmaven.apache.org%2Freference%2Fuser-guide.html

 > Which is because anchors have spaces in them. I've filed a bug, but
this is
 > something all browsers support that I've seen so its obviously low
priority.
 > I don't find it at all embarrassing. Did you have a specific
complaint about
 > the web site?
 >
 > - Brett

Specific complaint - many pages require enormous horizontal space, such
that I have to use horizontal scrollbars.  Which may or may not be
related to any specific error, but valid XHTML is a good place to
start.  I'm using Safari and Opera, BTW.