Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Michael Hall <mh...@ubuntu.com> on 2016/11/02 13:08:04 UTC

Snap package for Mesos

Hi,

I\u2019m Michael Hall. I work at Canonical as part of the engineering team
around Ubuntu and Snapcraft [1].

We\u2019re working on snaps, a platform to enable upstreams to directly
control delivery of software updates to their users, and make their
software available to a considerably wider audience via our snappy
store. Snaps are installable on 70% of all public cloud guests, and make
installing your software a one-command operation.

I've already started working with some other Apache project (Tomcat &
Couchdb) on snap packaging for their services, and I'd like to know if
there was anyone here in the Mesos project who would be interested in
doing the same.

[1] http://snapcraft.io/
--
Michael Hall