Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com> on 2008/09/21 18:56:27 UTC

[vote] Release 3.5 beta 3 (from ooxml branch)

Hi All

It's two months since our last 3.5 beta release which passed (the previous
vote failed as too many people were on holiday). Once again, in the mean
time there have been quite a few bug fixes. So, I think it's time for our
next beta. This beta, beta 3, is was created as of the state of the svn
branch yesterday, and includes all patches from trunk as of that point.

The release artifacts can be downloaded from:
   	http://people.apache.org/~nick/POI-3.5-beta3/
including the main parts in:
   	http://people.apache.org/~nick/POI-3.5-beta3/main/
and the maven parts in:
   	http://people.apache.org/~nick/POI-3.5-beta3/maven/

The binary releases include two versions of the main jar file, one for
those still on Java 1.4, and another for Java 1.5. You need to be using
the Java 1.5 version if you want to also make use of the ooxml support.

The maven release does not include the ooxml support, only the old main /
contrib / scratchpad. This is because many of the ooxml dependencies are
not in ibiblio. We would welcome input on this problem from maven users,
so we can fix this for the next release.

Finally, voting will be open until Friday, 26th September. Please vote:
    +1 - I support this release
     0 - I have no opinion either way
    -1 - I object, because ....

Nick

Re: [vote] Release 3.5 beta 3 (from ooxml branch)

Posted by Paolo Mottadelli <p....@sourcesense.com>.
> The maven release does not include the ooxml support, only the old main /
> contrib / scratchpad. This is because many of the ooxml dependencies are not
> in ibiblio. We would welcome input on this problem from maven users, so we
> can fix this for the next release.

I am particularly interested in it and I am involving a good maven user who
can help us fixing it.

> Finally, voting will be open until Friday, 26th September. Please vote:
>   +1 - I support this release
>    0 - I have no opinion either way
>   -1 - I object, because ....

+1

--
Paolo Mottadelli: http://www.paolomottadelli.com

Re: [vote] Release 3.5 beta 3 (from ooxml branch)

Posted by Ugo Cei <u....@sourcesense.com>.
On Sep 21, 2008, at 6:56 PM, Nick Burch wrote:

> Finally, voting will be open until Friday, 26th September. Please
> vote:
>  +1 - I support this release
>   0 - I have no opinion either way
>  -1 - I object, because ....

+1

	Ugo

Re: [vote] Release 3.5 beta 3 (from ooxml branch)

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Sun, 21 Sep 2008, Nick Burch wrote:
> Finally, voting will be open until Friday, 26th September.

This vote has passed, with 4 pmc +1 votes. Release artificats should be
hitting the mirrors shortly

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Sun, 21 Sep 2008, Nick Burch wrote:
> Finally, voting will be open until Friday, 26th September. Please vote:

Whoops, I forgot to vote before. Strangely enough, I'm +1

Voting'll end tonight

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
+1

  ooxml-lib includes two openxml4j jars: openxml4j-bin-alpha-080407.jar and openxml4j-bin-beta-080728.jar. Only the
latter is required. It's not a release blocker, just a reminder for future.

Yegor