Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Klortho <Vo...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/02 00:51:24 UTC

Setting up Cocoon to serve its own documentation

Hi, can anybody point me in the right direction here?

I've been trying to dig into the Cocoon documentation, A, to get answers to
questions, and B, because I notice that a lot of things that are implemented
in the Cocoon docs are things I want to be able to do in my own projects.

So I'm trying to set Cocoon up to serve it's own documentation.  I'm using
2.1.11, and found the docs in src/documentation.  I found that if I set up
to mount the sitemap.xmap file there, I get an error that
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.IdGeneratorTransformer is not found.  If I
use sitemap-localdocs.xmap, nothing works very well at all.

I've figured out that Forrest is (was?) being used to serve the
documentation for versions 2.1.  My question is, is there an easy way to
merge the Forrest classes in with the default Cocoon installation?  I guess
this is a pretty dumb question -- please excuse -- my background is in XML
and XSLT, and I'm very new to Java programming.

I have a slew of other questions about the documents -- how Daisy is used,
how to contribute, etc.  Any pointers to some resources would be very much
appreciated.

Re: Setting up Cocoon to serve its own documentation

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
On Mar 3, 2009, at 6:50 AM, Klortho wrote:

> You're not the same Vadim Gritsenko who works at NCBI, are you?

No relation; never heard of him.

Vadim

Re: Setting up Cocoon to serve its own documentation

Posted by Klortho <Vo...@gmail.com>.
Brilliant!  Thank you.

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.