Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Veeger Worakamon <Ve...@circlesoftware.nl> on 2014/07/11 13:56:11 UTC

Inquiries

Dear Sir/Madam

I am not sure about which email I should send my questions to because I do not want this to be answered publicly.  Is the channel to communicate personally to the person who can answer my questions relating to Solr functionalities? If It is I would appreciate your reply and I will send more questions to you later. But firstly I would like to know that How can a company get production support from Solr quickly and privately? Is there a local support from Solr engineers in the Netherlands?

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you very much.

Sincerely yours,
Mrs.Worakamon Veeger
Software engineer & Analyst

RE: Inquiries

Posted by Veeger Worakamon <Ve...@circlesoftware.nl>.
Dear Shawn,

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Worakamon

On 7/11/2014 5:56 AM, Veeger Worakamon wrote:
> I am not sure about which email I should send my questions to because I do not want this to be answered publicly.  Is the channel to communicate personally to the person who can answer my questions relating to Solr functionalities? If It is I would appreciate your reply and I will send more questions to you later. But firstly I would like to know that How can a company get production support from Solr quickly and privately? Is there a local support from Solr engineers in the Netherlands?
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you very much.

The Lucene/Solr project is open source, doing things behind closed doors is against everything that its members believe.  If this is what you really want, then you're probably going to have to pay for it.  If you want free help, use this mailing list or the IRC channel and keep it public.  You can always keep specific data (logins, configs, etc) private, especially on IRC, where the help is typically interactive and one-on-one.

The first three hits on a google search for "solr support resources"
offer paid consulting services:

http://www.innoventsolutions.com/solr-consulting.html
http://www.lucidworks.com/consulting/
http://www.searchtechnologies.com/solr-consulting.html

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: Inquiries

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.
On 11 July 2014 19:14, Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org> wrote:

> On 7/11/2014 5:56 AM, Veeger Worakamon wrote:
> > I am not sure about which email I should send my questions to because I do not want this to be answered publicly.  Is the channel to communicate personally to the person who can answer my questions relating to Solr functionalities? If It is I would appreciate your reply and I will send more questions to you later. But firstly I would like to know that How can a company get production support from Solr quickly and privately? Is there a local support from Solr engineers in the Netherlands?
> >
> > Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you very much.
>
> The Lucene/Solr project is open source, doing things behind closed doors
> is against everything that its members believe.  If this is what you
> really want, then you're probably going to have to pay for it.  If you
> want free help, use this mailing list or the IRC channel and keep it
> public.  You can always keep specific data (logins, configs, etc)
> private, especially on IRC, where the help is typically interactive and
> one-on-one.
>
> The first three hits on a google search for "solr support resources"
> offer paid consulting services:
>
> http://www.innoventsolutions.com/solr-consulting.html
> http://www.lucidworks.com/consulting/
> http://www.searchtechnologies.com/solr-consulting.html