Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Raphaël di Cicco <ra...@atosorigin.com> on 2003/05/21 11:10:08 UTC

tiles : problem with definition factory

Hi,

I'm having problems with Tiles that I use with struts 1.1. I have defined
the tile with id "page.result" in my tile-defs.xml.
I know that when the server launches, my file is parsed because if I change
my tile-defs with syntax error, I get a Sax exception. So it seems to me my
definition is OK :

<tiles-definitions>
<definition id="page.result" page="layout/layout.jsp" scope="application">
<put name="title" value="Title" />
<put name="menu" value="/layout/menu.jsp" />
<put name="body" value="/admin/listTable.jsp" />
</definition>
</tiles-definitions>

The problem is that whenever I want to use it in a JSP file I get this error
:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Error -  Tag Insert : Can't get
definition 'page.result'. Check if this name exist in definitions factory.

This is my JSP :
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-tiles.tld" prefix="tiles" %>

<tiles:insert definition="page.result" flush="true">
<tiles:put name="title" value="My first page" />
</tiles:insert>

(if I change the code above and put name= instead of definition= I get a
NullPointerException at
org.apache.struts.taglib.tiles.InsertTag.processName(InsertTag.java:527))

Can someone please help me I've been trying to look through the logs and all
and I really don't get it.

Thanks in advance for your help
Raphaël