Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by yulinyen <yu...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/25 08:04:06 UTC

how to backup KahaDB

Hi,

I am new to activemq.

I am currently running an embedded broker with activemq 5.6. I tried to
backup the journal files and data files by stopping the java process and
copy the files under journal  and kr-store folders (assuem it is under
/opt/activemq/) to a backup folder (assume is under /opt).

In order to see if the backup really works, I remove the the jorunal and
kr-store folders under /opt/activemq and restore these folders from the
backup folder. When I restart the my java process, I keep seeing:

2012-06-25 13:39:51,548 [main] INFO
org.apache.activemq.store.amq.AMQPersistenceAdapter - Active data files: []
2012-06-25 13:39:51,550 [main] WARN
org.apache.activemq.store.amq.AMQPersistenceAdapter - The ReferenceStore is
not valid - recovering ...
2012-06-25 13:39:51,568 [main] INFO  org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.KahaStore
- Kaha Store successfully deleted data directory /opt/activemq/kr-store/data
2012-06-25 13:39:51,568 [main] INFO
org.apache.activemq.store.amq.AMQPersistenceAdapter - Journal Recovery
Started from: DataManager:(data-)
2012-06-25 13:39:51,583 [main] INFO  org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.KahaStore
- Kaha Store using data directory /opt/activemq/kr-store/data
.
.
.

And then it starts to restore the data. This takes a while to finish.

I was wondering if there is a standard way of backup the journal and data
files?

Regards,
Boris

Re: how to backup KahaDB

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
>From these log messages it looks like you're using amq store not kahadb?

Regards
--
Dejan Bosanac
Senior Software Engineer | FuseSource Corp.