Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Duffy <md...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/23 16:24:37 UTC

Re: ROOT/index.jsp- REASON WHY EDITING FAILS

The ROOT web.xml contains the following lines which essentially renders the content of index.jsp
meaningless:

    <servlet>

        <servlet-name>org.apache.jsp.index_jsp</servlet-name>

        <servlet-class>org.apache.jsp.index_jsp</servlet-class>

    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>

        <servlet-name>org.apache.jsp.index_jsp</servlet-name>

        <url-pattern>/index.jsp</url-pattern>

    </servlet-mapping>

Mike