Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Oscar Rugama <os...@hotmail.com> on 2012/12/17 13:38:47 UTC

Axis2 not access to db after several requests

   Hi all,

     Since several weeks ago i am having pretty big problems with my Ws on Axis2 1.6.2 i´ll try yo explain in few words:

    I have a Ws deployed on Axis2 that access an Oracle database in order to retrieve info.

    I built a jar which encapsulates access to databse, i mean i create a jar in which i implement a connection pool.

    To make this connection pool i used DBCP 1.4. My server is Tomcat 6 and i use Java 6 on HP-UX

     After making several requests to my Ws it starts to fail. I put several logs in order to know step by step when it fails and i found that it fails the first time a request need to access database, and this only happens after severral request (sometimes 20, sometimesm 8000 and sometimes two weeks after)

    I thought it was connection pool problem (maybe some dbcp issue) so i change my jar and start to use the framework BoneCP which i found works faster.

    I got same problem, do anyone have any idea? Because i´m becoming crazy, it fails also in Pro environment and i have to watch it almost 24 hours because it´s an important ws

    Any idea will be welcomed

 Thanks

Kind regards

RE: Axis2 not access to db after several requests

Posted by Oscar Rugama <os...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Martin:

   It´s also strange for us, but this solution has come from Oracle´s expert

   No problem whenever you want offline we can discuss or just tell was going on. I should say that the DB we have it´s pretty pretty big

  Saludos cordiales desde Bilbao lloviendo & granizando

  (Cordial Salutations from Bilbao rainning & hailing)

 Oscar

From: mgainty@hotmail.com
To: java-user@axis.apache.org
Subject: RE: Axis2 not access to db after several requests
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 22:11:28 -0500

Good Evening Oscar

I am Glad to hear you were able to work out the synchronisation issues

This is very strange error with Oracle..I dont understand why cache-ing anything from Oracle would help
as a sequence as to be incremented for every insert access

*Perhaps we can discuss this offline*

Saludos Cordiales desde "Boston Con Nieve"
(Cordial Salutations from Boston with Snow)

Martin
Porfavor no interrumpir esta communicacion..Gracias

From: oscaster@hotmail.com
To: java-user@axis.apache.org
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 13:44:32 +0100

 Hi all:

    About this error, we´ve discover something about it. The error has no relation to Axis2.

    We´ve found that Oracle 11 sometimes (even Oracle doesn´t know when and why) block access to sequences (it seems lile when several threads request value of the same sequence, sequence is like blocked.

   Oracle has advised to turn on a cache on sequence on Oracle 11, and they hope it´ll solve problem.

  Thanks as allways and i only want to say what we discovered

 Kind regards,
 Oscar

From: mgainty@hotmail.com
To: java-user@axis.apache.org
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 12:21:44 -0500

since this is a production issue we would rather know the exact error..
in this way we could offer the one solution which when tested will remedy this exact problem

Saludos,
Martin
Porfavor..no altere o disrupta esta communicacion...Gracias

From: oscaster@hotmail.com
To: java-user@axis.apache.org
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 15:50:29 +0100

  Hi Marty

    I´ll try to do all you have written and get a good log

 Thanks
 Regards
From: mgainty@hotmail.com
To: java-user@axis.apache.org
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 08:04:33 -0500

From: oscaster@hotmail.com
To: java-user@axis.apache.org
Subject: Axis2 not access to db after several requests
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 13:38:47 +0100

   Hi all,MG>Hello Oscar

     Since several weeks ago i am having pretty big problems with my Ws on Axis2 1.6.2 i´ll try yo explain in few words:

    I have a Ws deployed on Axis2 that access an Oracle database in order to retrieve info.

    I built a jar which encapsulates access to databse, i mean i create a jar in which i implement a connection pool.

    To make this connection pool i used DBCP 1.4. My server is Tomcat 6 and i use Java 6 on HP-UXMG>standard implementation

     After making several requests to my Ws it starts to fail. I put several logs in order to know step by step when it fails and i found that it fails the first time a request need to access databaseMG>possibly your connection URL and or Database connection parameters are incorrectMG>be careful to record your maxActive and maxIdle connections and track maxActive/maxIdle connections combinationsMG> http://commons.apache.org/dbcp/configuration.html  and this only happens after severral request (sometimes 20, sometimesm 8000 and sometimes two weeks after)MG>possibly the connections are not being reclaimed MG>8000 maxActive is alot of active Connections for the connectionPool to handle you may want to throttle that backMG>which driverClassName are you implementingMG>also be mindful that ReadOnly should be enabled if you have ReadOnly connections
MG>how is your transaction commit and rollback executed..are you waiting too long for commit or rollback and possibly starving other Threads of their connection request

    I thought it was connection pool problem (maybe some dbcp issue) so i change my jar and start to use the framework BoneCP which i found works faster.MG>not familiar with this product ..does anyone have knowledge of this product to help Oscar

    I got same problem, do anyone have any idea? Because i´m becoming crazy, it fails also in Pro environment and i have to watch it almost 24 hours because it´s an important wsMG>log everything and send us the logsMG> http://axis.apache.org/axis/java/reference.html#AxisLoggingConfiguration

    Any idea will be welcomed

 ThanksMG>your welcome...please send us the logs..so we can better ascertain the cause of this problem

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Martin ______________________________________________ Porfavor no interrumpir esta communicacion..GraciasFrom: oscaster@hotmail.com
To: java-user@axis.apache.org

From: mgainty@hotmail.com