Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by CLEMENT Jean-Philippe <je...@fr.thalesgroup.com> on 2015/06/16 12:05:16 UTC

Karaf installation to a read-only directory

Dear Karaf Team,

We would like to install Karaf in a directory which is read-only. By read-only I mean that no directory or file cannot be written at runtime inside the installation directory, so they must be located somewhere else.

What is the most simple way to achieve this?

Regards,
JP

PS: At present time we are using Karaf 3.0.2

[@@ OPEN @@]

Re: Karaf installation to a read-only directory

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Np, you're welcome ;)

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

RE: Karaf installation to a read-only directory

Posted by CLEMENT Jean-Philippe <je...@fr.thalesgroup.com>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Karaf installation to a read-only directory

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Karaf installation to a read-only directory

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi JP,

correct.

FYI, I introduced KARAF_ETC allowing you to put the etc folder where you
want.

It's not a big deal for instances as soon as you don't use child
instances (created with instance:* commands).

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

RE: Karaf installation to a read-only directory

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Karaf installation to a read-only directory

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Instances will be configurable soon (it's based on KARAF_BASE).

The lock location can be changed using etc/system.properties:

karaf.lock.dir

else it uses KARAF_BASE.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

RE: Karaf installation to a read-only directory

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Karaf installation to a read-only directory

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi JP,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Karaf installation to a read-only directory

Posted by Morgan Hautman <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jean-Philippe,

In the shell/batch scripts located in the /bin folder there is a
variable named %KARAF_DATA% (Windows) or $KARAF_DATA (Linux).
You should change these to change the karaf/data folder.

There is also the /etc folder who can be changed to look for
configuration files.

You will need to change " felix.fileinstall.dir = ${karaf.etc} "

More info about the /etc folder here:

http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/users-guide/configuration.html

I don't think there is any other folder that could change.

Regards,
Morgan