Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Marcin Kuptel <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/08 11:10:38 UTC

fl query option limitations

Hi,

How can I make this kind of query work:

...&fl=Output Channels

where "Output Channels" is the name of a field? Escaping the whitespace
in the field's name does not seem to work.

Regards,
Marcin Kuptel

Re: fl query option limitations

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
On Sep 8, 2009, at 5:10 AM, Marcin Kuptel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How can I make this kind of query work:
>
> ...&fl=Output Channels
>
> where "Output Channels" is the name of a field? Escaping the
> whitespace in the field's name does not seem to work.

I don't think whitespace in a field name is ever recommended.  While
Lucene can handle it and Solr might, it is just easier to not do it.

That being said, you might try URL Encoding it as Output%20Channels or
whatever the appropriate syntax is.

-Grant

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/