Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Fe...@thomson.com on 2006/02/20 11:13:02 UTC

gzip compression?

Hello,

  I saw some document that explains how to enable gzip compression, but
our Tomcat instance is fronted by Apache, so I don't know how to do
that.

  Is there any way to do it for the Apache+Tomcat combination?
Otherwise, I will be adding the support to the AxisServlet as explained
in

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-sqzsoap.htm
l (BTW, I'm puzzled by that article as he doesn't set a content type
when responding compressed, only content encoding).

  In any case, I will be adding gzip support to the URLConnection-based
transport of AXIS-790.