Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Irfan Habib <ir...@yahoo.com> on 2006/05/12 13:32:22 UTC

parser problem when compiling Axis2/C

Hi,

I'm unable to compile Axis2/C manually, because I
think of a problem with the parser. I have libxml2
2.6.16 installed in redhat 7. (Another machine with
slackware 10.2 works fine).

When I run ./configure it says
"checking whether to build guththila xml parser
library... no
checking whether to build libxml2 xml parser
library... yes
"
And then in compilation it says:
ibxml2_reader_wrapper.c: In function
`axis2_libxml2_reader_wrapper_init_map':
libxml2_reader_wrapper.c:166:
`XML_READER_TYPE_ELEMENT' undeclared (first use in
this function)
libxml2_reader_wrapper.c:166: (Each undeclared
identifier is reported only once
libxml2_reader_wrapper.c:166: for each function it
appears in.)
libxml2_reader_wrapper.c:172:
`XML_READER_TYPE_DOCUMENT' undeclared (first use in
this function)
libxml2_reader_wrapper.c:175: `XML_READER_TYPE_TEXT'
undeclared (first use in this function)
libxml2_reader_wrapper.c:177: `XML_READER_TYPE_CDATA'
undeclared (first use in this function)
libxml2_reader_wrapper.c:179:
`XML_READER_TYPE_SIGNIFICANT_WHITESPACE' undeclared
(first use in this function)
libxml2_reader_wrapper.c:182:
`XML_READER_TYPE_WHITESPACE' undeclared (first use in
this function)
libxml2_reader_wrapper.c:184:
`XML_READER_TYPE_END_ELEMENT' undeclared (first use in
this function)
libxml2_reader_wrapper.c:187:
`XML_READER_TYPE_ENTITY_REFERENCE' undeclared (first
use in this function)
libxml2_reader_wrapper.c:190:
`XML_READER_TYPE_END_ENTITY' undeclared (first use in
this function)
libxml2_reader_wrapper.c:192: `XML_READER_TYPE_ENTITY'
undeclared (first use in this function)
libxml2_reader_wrapper.c:194:
`XML_READER_TYPE_PROCESSING_INSTRUCTION' undeclared
(first use in this function)
libxml2_reader_wrapper.c:197:
`XML_READER_TYPE_COMMENT' undeclared (first use in
this function)
libxml2_reader_wrapper.c:199:
`XML_READER_TYPE_DOCUMENT_TYPE' undeclared (first use
in this function)

How do I specify the parser explicitly?

Regards
Irfan

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: parser problem when compiling Axis2/C

Posted by Nabeel <na...@wso2.com>.
Irfan,
Out of guththila and libxml2, currently you can use only libxml2 since
there are some issues with guththila that need to be sorted out.
I am using libxml2 2.6.19 on FC4.
When you are using libxml2, you usually don't need to set the paths to
lib and include dirs manually, configuration script automatically picks
them.
Do you see the include path (most probably -I/usr/include/libxml2)
correctly  with the gcc output?
If not, try setting LIBXML2_INCLUDE  (usually /usr/icnlude/libxml2) and
LI BXML2_LIB (/usr/lib) environment varibles manually; I haven't checked
this, this might work for you.

HTH
-Nabeel