Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Demian Katz <de...@villanova.edu> on 2011/04/18 19:31:00 UTC

Solr 3.1 ICU filters (error loading class)

Hello,

I'm interested in trying out the new ICU features in Solr 3.1.  However, when I attempt to set up a field type using solr.ICUTokenizerFactory and/or solr.ICUFoldingFilterFactory, Solr refuses to start up, issuing "Error loading class" exceptions.

I did see the README.txt file that mentions lucene-libs/lucene-*.jar and lib/icu4j-*.jar.  I tried putting all of these files under my Solr home directory, but it made no difference.

Is there some other .jar that I need to add to my library folder?  Am I doing something wrong with the known dependencies?  (This is the first time I've seen a lucene-libs directory, so I wasn't sure if that required some special configuration).  Any general troubleshooting advice for figuring out what is going wrong here?

thanks,
Demian

RE: Solr 3.1 ICU filters (error loading class)

Posted by Demian Katz <de...@villanova.edu>.
Thanks!  apache-solr-analysis-extras-3.1.jar was the missing piece that was causing all of my trouble; I didn't see any mention of it in the documentation -- might be worth adding!

Thanks,
Demian

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Demian Katz <de...@villanova.edu>.
Right, I placed my files relative to solr_home, not in it -- but obviously having a solr_home/lucene-libs directory didn't do me any good. :-)

- Demian

Posted by Jonathan Rochkind <ro...@jhu.edu>.