Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/11 11:23:12 UTC

Help in testing big refactor in Start component OFBIZ-6783

Hello Everyone,

Blurry vision, big headache, and unhealthy amounts of coffee, but I finally
have a patch that works on ofbiz and passes all tests.

However, this patch requires thorough testing to ensure that we did not
introduce any new bugs. The patch essentially changes most of Start.java and
decouples the command line arguments from the rest of the framework.

The benefits of this patch include the following:

-          Much better handling of command line arguments using commons-cli

-          Decoupling both the command line args and commons-cli from the
framework by abstracting it behind new classes "StartupCommand.java" and
"StartupCommandUtil.java"

-          Much better and prettier printing of the java -jar ofbiz.jar
--help

-          Greatly simplify Start.main and Start.init. It's starting to be a
bit more readable

-          All commands now have a unified method of calling. For example
java -jar ofbiz.jar --load-data delegator=default --load-data
file=somefile.xml --portoffset 100000

-          We can now combine commands and add new ones or change existing
ones without breaking the system. Also, commands can be given in any order

-          Last but not least, serious refactoring would now be possible in
the start component.

Most of the testing we need is with ant commands and with java -jar
ofbiz.jar commands. Please help us with testing and feedback! All help is
greatly appreciated.

Taher Alkhateeb

Re: Help in testing big refactor in Start component OFBIZ-6783

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Le 11/05/2016  13:23, Taher Alkhateeb a crit :
> -          All commands now have a unified method of calling. For example
> java -jar ofbiz.jar --load-data delegator=default --load-data
> file=somefile.xml --portoffset 100000
That would not work :p (kidding ;))

Tests result at the Jira, WIP...

Jacques