Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Rorie Mc Phail <ro...@hotmail.co.uk> on 2012/10/29 13:43:04 UTC

O.O.Excel

Hi Guys,
I'm experiencing a problem when e-mailing OOExcel documents to colleagues and I hope you can help!
I've been using OO since I purchased my Mac (less than 3 months ago) and when I finally figured out which format to save all word documents in, problems I encountered with sending documents & responders trying to open said documents became a thing of the past.
However, Ive been trying to send a spreadsheet (Excel) to someone and they cannot seem to open it.
I've saved said document in all formats available and when I send them they arrive naturally but when opened it's all a lot of gobbledeegook.
Can someone please assist me!? Alternatively you can reach me on +447773251761
Kind regards,
Rorie

Re: O.O.Excel

Posted by Zachery DeLong <za...@gmail.com>.
To add to that, if editing the file isn't an issue, consider exporting it
to a PDF.

*--*
*Zachery DeLong,
IST-Tutor, Marshall University.
Founder of the MU Gaming Club,
Facebook.com/mugaming <http://facebook.com/mugaming>*

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 29, 2012, at 11:13 AM, Joseph Reynolds <jo...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

I save them as excel '97 and send them as an attachment But I use windows
and sometimes there seems some problems between the two different formats
of mac and windows but only occasionally in the .doc extension and not
recently.  an alternative might be google docs if you are pressed for time

Joe

Re: O.O.Excel

Posted by Joseph Reynolds <jo...@yahoo.com>.