Posted to nmaven-dev@incubator.apache.org by Shane Isbell <sh...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/24 19:47:06 UTC

Renaming Artifacts

According to the incubator release policy (
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html), the artifact
file names should contain both (1) incubating and (2) the podling name. I
recall that when first importing the project into Apache, we decided on
using dotnet in the artifact name (dotnet-artifact, dotnet-core, and so on)
since the "nmaven" is unlikely to survive upon moving into Maven core. To
follow the release policy, we would need to do something like:
"nmaven-artifact-incubating" or "nmaven-dotnet-artifact-incubating". My
feeling is that having both nmaven and dotnet is a bit redundent. From
chatting with Brett, it looks as though we can just include incubating
within the version, at least for the java artifacts.

In regards to the .NET assembly file names, they currently follow the form:
NMaven.Artifact, NMaven, Logging, and so on. Since version is not in the
file name, it would require placing "incubating" within in the artifact
name: NMaven.Artifact.Incubating.

We need to decide on the naming for both the java and .NET artifacts.
Thoughts?

Shane

Re: Renaming Artifacts

Posted by Shane Isbell <sh...@gmail.com>.
Right, I forgot about the plugins.  I think we would need to do
maven-nmaven-compile-plugin, which is goofy (and will only get goofier when
we add "incubating" version), but we have two conventions to follow: 1)
incubator and 2) maven plugin naming convention, which starts with "maven"
and ends with "plugin".

Shane

Re: Renaming Artifacts

Posted by Evan Worley <ev...@gmail.com>.