Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2011/02/16 22:05:35 UTC

Non-resetable iterator warning

All,

I'm using Velocity 1.4 (yeah, I know) and I'm getting these warnings:

> INFO:  Velocity   [warn] Warning! The iterative  is an Iterator in
> the #foreach() loop at [0,0] in template [my template]. Because it's
> not resetable, if used in more than once, this may lead to unexpected
> results.

A couple of questions:

1. Where is the name of the iterator and the correct template location?
I can easily find it in my template - fortunately, I'm only using an
iterator for iteration in one place - but the warning message looks like
it's got a hole in it, and the location (0,0) is clearly wrong.

2. Is there a way to disable this warning? It's filling up my production
log files. I'm intentionally using an Iterator for iteration because I
want to call "remove" on it after processing.

I looked for various configuration keys but couldn't find anything relevant.

Thanks,
-chris

Re: Non-resetable iterator warning

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Christopher Schultz
<ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
>> please, if i were omnipotent, i would strike all pre-1.6 versions
>> from existence and force you to upgrade. ;)
>
> If you were omnipotent, I'd ask you to upgrade me and make sure
> everything worked flawlessly :)

and i'd do it with a smile too!

> Seriously, Velocity is something we /really/ want to upgrade. Once I'm
> on the 1.6 track with Velocity and 2.0 track with velocity-tools, I can
> start really being a committer again (or maybe just start being one in
> the first place). It's really tough to work on something you're just not
> using at all for your own work.

i know the feeling.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Nathan,

On 2/16/2011 5:47 PM, Nathan Bubna wrote:
> all relevant things were fixes for these problems in subsequent
> versions.  seriously, i can't remember anything related to this
> except the fixes.  tally one for reasons to upgrade.

Gotcha.

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 1:05 PM, Christopher Schultz
<ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm using Velocity 1.4 (yeah, I know) and I'm getting these warnings:
>
>> INFO:  Velocity   [warn] Warning! The iterative  is an Iterator in
>> the #foreach() loop at [0,0] in template [my template]. Because it's
>> not resetable, if used in more than once, this may lead to unexpected
>> results.
>
> A couple of questions:
>
> 1. Where is the name of the iterator and the correct template location?
> I can easily find it in my template - fortunately, I'm only using an
> iterator for iteration in one place - but the warning message looks like
> it's got a hole in it, and the location (0,0) is clearly wrong.
>
> 2. Is there a way to disable this warning? It's filling up my production
> log files. I'm intentionally using an Iterator for iteration because I
> want to call "remove" on it after processing.
>
> I looked for various configuration keys but couldn't find anything relevant.

all relevant things were fixes for these problems in subsequent
versions.  seriously, i can't remember anything related to this except
the fixes.  tally one for reasons to upgrade.  please, if i were