Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org> on 2010/03/18 13:04:29 UTC

Manage website with confluence

Hi all,

some time in the past Stefano suggest to move our website content to
confluence. I think with all the subprojects it would be a good idea
todo so now. Its just a pita to update the website at the moment. It
would be a lot easier to write down the stuff via a wiki.

One of James current problem is it lack good documentation. I would
like to change this but with the current processes needed for updating
website content it will really be painful.

So what do you think about "migrate" to confluence ?

I think Stefano had found some possibility to "migrate" the current
content to it..

Thx,
Norman

Re: Manage website with confluence

Posted by Manuel Carrasco MoƱino <ma...@apache.org>.
+1
Manolo

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
2010/3/18 Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>:
> Hi all,
>
> some time in the past Stefano suggest to move our website content to
> confluence. I think with all the subprojects it would be a good idea
> todo so now. Its just a pita to update the website at the moment. It
> would be a lot easier to write down the stuff via a wiki.

Yes. 2.5 years ago in
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/JAMES/Index I emulated our
homepage and I configured autoexport plugin to export the website to
http://cwiki.apache.org/JAMES/ with the right CSS.

At that time I didn't reach consensus on its use so the experiment
stopped there. I remember I had some issue with the autoexport plugin
bug I guess they have been solved as many apache projects currently
use cwiki for their website.

Of course I'm +1 to move to confluence as it will make it easier to
keep the website updated.

I just gave privileges for cwiki to norman so he can look at the
autoexport stuff and add accounts for other committers.

Stefano