Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Daniel Cortes <dc...@fib.upc.edu> on 2005/02/25 09:58:36 UTC

Ranking Terms

Hi everybody,
I need to found some documentation about the algorithms that lucene use
internally in the indexation and how it works with weights and
frequencies of the terms.This information will be used to know tastes of
my users and to relate users with the same interest and restlessness.:D
I read something about .frq files but I don't have any frq life in my index.
Thks.

Re: Ranking Terms

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Make sure you are not indexing your documents using the compound index
format (default in the newer versions of Lucene).  Then you will see
the .frq file.  Here is an example from one of Simpy's Lucene indices:

-rw-r--r--    1 simpy    simpy      629073 Feb 26 13:14 _1ao.frq

Otis
--
http://www.simpy.com