Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/30 01:21:45 UTC

Using SCANode/Domain without a seperate running Domain management node?

Is it intended for the new SCANode/Domain stuff to work without a separate
Domain management node? I'm trying to get the Tuscany Geronimo code and
webapp distro working again and it always seems to require a domain node
running somewhere (eg running the distributed calculator DomainNode), same
with o.a.t.s.node.launch.SCANodeLauncher. Is there some way to run things
standalone that I'm missing or is it not finished yet?

   ..ant

Re: Using SCANode/Domain without a seperate running Domain management node?

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
On 10/30/07, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:

<snip>

I can add a create to the node factory which explicity omits domain
> information to make this clearer.
>
> public SCANode createSCANode(String nodeURI)

That would be nice.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On 10/30/07, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/30/07, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > ant elder wrote:
> > > Is it intended for the new SCANode/Domain stuff to work without a
> > separate
> > > Domain management node? I'm trying to get the Tuscany Geronimo code
> and
> > > webapp distro working again and it always seems to require a domain
> node
> > > running somewhere (eg running the distributed calculator DomainNode),
> > same
> > > with o.a.t.s.node.launch.SCANodeLauncher. Is there some way to run
> > things
> > > standalone that I'm missing or is it not finished yet?
> > >
> > >    ..ant
> > >

> > It's work in progress, as I just barely got things working "with" a
> > domain controller :) but can you try SCANodeFactory.createNode(nodeURI,
> > null)?
>

> I had tried that but it just causes an NPE in SCADomainProxyImpl. As its
> work in progress I've just added a test for null to the
> SCADomainProxyImpl.registerContribution method and it works ok for me now
> but i expect a more complete fix is needed later.
>
>    ...ant

Ant

Passing in null should  have worked but obviously didn't for some reason.
I'll take a look to see what went wrong. I don't think that this feature
should be particularly complex as we are just saying that when no
information about the domain is provided then don't try and contact it. I
can add a create to the node factory which explicity omits domain
information to make this clearer.

 public SCANode createSCANode(String nodeURI)

Simon.

Re: Using SCANode/Domain without a seperate running Domain management node?

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

--
Jean-Sebastien