Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by jean paul <re...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/18 10:15:49 UTC

lack of space for replicas

Hi,

The distributed replicas take space. Is there a scenario when a new
replicas cannot be stored on a node due to lack of space? If we choose a
replication factor =3, and we can find a space for the third replicas, how
cassandra treats this case. Please, where can i find the algorithm ?

Thank you so much for help.
Kind regards.

Re: lack of space for replicas

Posted by Carlos Alonso <in...@mrcalonso.com>.
It will then possibly fail with a no disk space error. The replicas
placement algorithm is determined via de Replication Strategy given when
you created your keyspace (SimpleStrategy or NetworkTopologyStrategy).
https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.0/cassandra/architecture/architectureDataDistributeReplication_c.html

Carlos Alonso | Software Engineer | @calonso <https://twitter.com/calonso>