Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Erwan de FERRIERES <er...@nereide.fr> on 2010/05/03 16:50:35 UTC

dojo and dojox

Hi all,

I'm planning on update the dojo version included in OFBiz, and also
adding dojox. This way, we could easily add charts in OFBiz, like
explained on this page :
http://www.dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide/dojox/charting.html

So, before doing it, I would like to know if everyone is OK with it, and
if there are some points I need to look closely.

Cheers,

--
Erwan de FERRIERES
www.nereide.biz

Re: dojo and dojox

Posted by Erwan de FERRIERES <er...@nereide.fr>.
Le 03/05/2010 17:04, Brett Palmer a écrit :
> Erwan,
>
> Are you going to get this update from their 1.4 release?  I would suggest
> sticky with their official releases.  We use dojo a lot from their trunk but
> its pretty unstable for general use.

Yes, I would take the dojo toolkit 1.4.2 release

For icefaces, the chart engine is jcharts
<http://jcharts.sourceforge.net/index.html>, and is full java, not ajax.
Maybe there is something else, but I didn't find it yet.

--
Erwan de FERRIERES
www.nereide.biz

Re: dojo and dojox

Posted by Brett Palmer <br...@gmail.com>.
Erwan,

Are you going to get this update from their 1.4 release?  I would suggest
sticky with their official releases.  We use dojo a lot from their trunk but
its pretty unstable for general use.

Brett

Re: dojo and dojox

Posted by Erwan de FERRIERES <er...@nereide.fr>.
Le 04/05/2010 01:47, Scott Gray a écrit :
> There is flotr for javascript charting which I "think" uses prototype.  But due to the integration with BIRT I would like to see a chart widget schema defined that uses BIRT as the rendering engine.  It's also possible that we could integrate BIRT with one of the javascript charting libraries to do something a bit more fancy for html than just generating images.
>
> Regards
> Scott
>
> HotWax Media
> http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

flotr is based on prototype 1.6+
http://code.google.com/p/flotr/

Here is what we can generate :
Histograms (vertical, horizontal, stacked bars)
Lines (filled or not)
Points (scatter plots)
Pie chart
Candle sticks (and barcharts)
Radar chart
Markers (positioned text)

Seems to me as a good candidate. What do you think ?

--
Erwan de FERRIERES
www.nereide.biz

Re: dojo and dojox

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
BTW I have never been a fan of having two javascript libraries in the code base, personally I think one of them should be removed altogether.

Regards
Scott

Re: dojo and dojox

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.