Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Chris Wolf <Ch...@morganstanley.com> on 2002/05/07 18:46:21 UTC

ClassCastExcep'n on ServletExec 3.1 / Solaris

I searched the faq's and surfed before posting this and was
surprised to find that this has not already been addressed.

After successfully using C2 on Tomcat, I attempted to migrate
to a hosting environment running ServletExec 3.1 on Solaris 5.8
and I get the following error when the servlet engine attempts
to start the Cocoon servlet:

Has anyone deployed on ServletExec3.1 on Solaris?

BTW, I changed out the old xerces jar for version 1.4.3 -- both
with and without the xml_apis.jar present...

Thanks,

Chris

Error. The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it
from fulfilling the request.

java.lang.Error: Unable to setup SAX parserjava.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl
        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.DefaultConfigurationBuilder.(DefaultConfigurationBuilder.java:92)
        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.DefaultConfigurationBuilder.(DefaultConfigurationBuilder.java:64)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.initLogger(CocoonServlet.java:582)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:165)
        at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.CallServletInit(ServletExec.java)
        at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplServletContext.CreateServlet(ApplServletContext.java)
        at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplServletContext.loadConfiguredServlet(ApplServletContext.java)
        at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplicationInfo.LoadExternalServlets(ApplicationInfo.java)
        at

Re: ClassCastExcep'n on ServletExec 3.1 / Solaris -- Issue resolved!

Posted by Chris Wolf <Ch...@morganstanley.com>.
In case anyone out there is interested, I got C2 running under
ServletExec 3.1,
with iPlanet 4 as the http server, on Solaris 5.8

1.) Rebuilt Cocoon with xerces-1.4.3.jar since exising web apps require
that version.
    (This step may not be required for other people.)

2.) Added xerces-1.4.3.jar, xml_apis.jar and xalan-2.3.1.jar to the
classpath of
    ServletExec

3.) in web.xml, set init-classloader=true

4.) Since there were no defaults, set the following properties:

-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl
-Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
-Djavax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory=org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl

Posted by Chris Wolf <Ch...@morganstanley.com>.