Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Sugandha Naolekar <ha...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/05 11:13:34 UTC

How to place a data ito HDFS::!

I have a 7 node cluster working as of now. I want to place the data into
HDFS, from a machine which is not a part of the hadoop cluster. How can I do
that.? It's in a way, a remote machine.

Will I have to use RPC mechanism or simply I can use FileSystem api and do
some kind of coding and make it work?

Re: How to place a data ito HDFS::!

Posted by Sugandha Naolekar <su...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot! Will try it out initially with the machines within LAN and
then later on with the remote machines.

Will let you know, if something gets on my way!

--
Regards!
Sugandha

Re: How to place a data ito HDFS::!