Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Kropf Johannes <Jo...@ait.ac.at> on 2011/09/06 09:48:51 UTC

Gogo shell linux

Hi!

Is there a way to get the arrow keys work (repeating last command e.g.) on linux using the gogo shell? It worked with the old felix shell neither.
Tried to use different terminal emulation programms, but without success.

Would help working with felix a lot!

Kind regards,

Johannes

Johannes Kropf
Health & Environment Department
Biomedical Systems

AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH
Viktor Kaplan Straße 2  |  2700 Wiener Neustadt  |  Austria
T +43(0) 50550-4845 | M +43(0) 664 235 1732 | F +43(0) 50550-4840
johannes.kropf@ait.ac.at |  http://www.ait.ac.at

FN: 115980 i HG Wien  |  UID: ATU14703506
This email and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return e-mail or by telephone and delete this message from your system and any printout thereof. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, or dissemination of this message is strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication, nor shall it be liable for any delay in its receipt.

Re: Gogo shell linux

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Karaf is based on Felix, so anything that would work on a bare felix
container will work on Karaf.
To install spring, you can run the following command in the karaf prompt:
   features:install spring-dm
Then you can install your spring bundle using osgi:install command, or
drop it in the deploy folder.

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 08:17, Kropf Johannes <Jo...@ait.ac.at> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Thank you for your tips!
>
> I tried to use karaf instead of felix, but I didn't understand so far how to run a felix OSGi/Spring application with  karaf, escpecially I didn't understand the deploy and bundle installation mechanism of karaf yet.
> Is there a good tutorial out there?
> The tutorial on the karaf.apache.org site wasn't really helpful.
>
> Kind regards,
> Johannes

------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

AW: Gogo shell linux

Re: Gogo shell linux

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: Gogo shell linux

Posted by Daniel Faber <ma...@daniel-faber.de>.

Re: Gogo shell linux

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 9/6/11 3:48, Kropf Johannes wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is there a way to get the arrow keys work (repeating last command e.g.) on linux using the gogo shell? It worked with the old felix shell neither.
> Tried to use different terminal emulation programms, but without success.
>
> Would help working with felix a lot!

It would require integrating something like JLine, I believe...

-> richard

Re: Gogo shell linux

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Download and try Karaf (http://karaf.apache.org/), it has a nice
console built on top of gogo with tab completion, history, etc...

--
Guillaume Nodet