Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Srepfler Srgjan <sr...@lnksystem.com> on 2006/05/10 20:00:57 UTC

Axis webapp archetype, and axistools-plugin

Hi, First of all it's great that axistools has a archetype. I hope every
plugin would offer one as it jumpstarts the newbie user. However, seeing
it I found it's missing an important use-case. The one where you use the
java2wsdl but not from a JavaBean but from a EJB (that sits in another,
EJB module). Could you expand the archetype by adding a EAR module and a
EJB module that uses the kernel and exposes that same web service but
starting from the EJB? I know it's more work to do but I feel it's an
important use-case. Also, the axistools I have uses axis 1.2.1. Is there
a version that uses 1.4 or even 2.0 ?
Thanks and keep up the good work!

Re: Axis webapp archetype, and axistools-plugin

Posted by Nathan Sowatskey <ns...@cisco.com>.
Hi

Do we have any status for Axis 1.4 support?

If work needs doing for that, I am perfectly happy to do it. Just tell
me which repository to connect to and where the code is.

Many thanks

Nathan

Piéroni Raphaël wrote:
> Hi
>
> The archetype author had seen it :)
> but alas he don't know for now about ejbs.
>
> Maybe someone can improve the archetype ?
>
> Raphaël
>
> 2006/5/11, Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> The comments in your email are probably going to be lost unless you
>> file them as Enhancement requests against the Axistools plugin itself,
>> in the JIRA project, under the Axistools component:
>> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO
>>
>> The chance that the Axistools plugin author will randomly see this
>> email and decide to act on it is rather low. But issues posted in a
>> bug tracking tool are harder to miss.
>>
>> Wayne
>>
>> On 5/10/06, Srepfler Srgjan <sr...@lnksystem.com> wrote:
>> > Hi, First of all it's great that axistools has a archetype. I hope
>> every
>> > plugin would offer one as it jumpstarts the newbie user. However,
>> seeing
>> > it I found it's missing an important use-case. The one where you use
>> the
>> > java2wsdl but not from a JavaBean but from a EJB (that sits in another,
>> > EJB module). Could you expand the archetype by adding a EAR module
>> and a
>> > EJB module that uses the kernel and exposes that same web service but
>> > starting from the EJB? I know it's more work to do but I feel it's an
>> > important use-case. Also, the axistools I have uses axis 1.2.1. Is
>> there
>> > a version that uses 1.4 or even 2.0 ?
>> > Thanks and keep up the good work!

Nathan Sowatskey - Technical Leader, NMTG CTO Engineering - Desk
+34-91-201-2139 - Mobile +34-638-083-675 - AIM id NathanCisco -
nsowatsk@cisco.com

Re: Axis webapp archetype, and axistools-plugin

Posted by Piéroni Raphaël <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.