Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Nathan Belk <nb...@nitrosecurity.com> on 2010/12/08 23:23:36 UTC

[users@httpd] question about an error in the error log

I am seeing this error come up every once in a while in a log I am
reviewing.  I have tried to find its meaning on google and find lots of
way you can try fixing it but not what it means.

This is the error:
[error] mod_jk child init 1 -2

At this point, I don't need to know how to fix this error, I just need
to know what it means.  If you know how to read the information about
this error or where I can find more information out about this cryptic
message, I would be appreciative.

Thanks,

Nathan
This e-mail message and any attachments contain information that is confidential and may be privileged.  If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by replying to this message or by sending an email to postmaster@nitrosecurity.com, and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments without reading or disclosing them.  Thank you.

Re: [users@httpd] question about an error in the error log

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 08.12.2010 23:23, Nathan Belk wrote:
> I am seeing this error come up every once in a while in a log I am
> reviewing. I have tried to find its meaning on google and find lots of
> way you can try fixing it but not what it means.
>
> This is the error:
> [error] mod_jk child init 1 -2
>
> At this point, I don't need to know how to fix this error, I just need
> to know what it means. If you know how to read the information about
> this error or where I can find more information out about this cryptic
> message, I would be appreciative.

mod_jk is typically discussed on the Tomcat users list, because it is
developped as part of the Tomcat project.

I have never seen this message and quickly checked the code for mod_jk
version 1.2.18 to 1.2.31 and it doesn't seem to be there. There is some
evidence, that you are not actually using mod_jk but mod_jk2. The source
code of mod_jk2 contains similar log messages. mod_jk2 has been
abandoned many years ago. The older mod_jk has improved a lot and was
decided to remain as the actively maintained module. You should switch
from mod_jk2 to mod_jk. Unfortunately the configuration is not compatible.

Grab version 1.2.31 of mod_jk and have a look at the example
configuration contained in the source download of mod_jk 1.2.31.

Regards,

Rainer