Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Chris Richmond <cr...@referentia.com> on 2008/04/23 23:50:06 UTC

setting max memory

Hello, all..

How do I set the maximum memory for the axis/tomcat jvm to use?

I put the following line in the Catalina.bat:

..

rem

rem   JRE_HOME        Must point at your Java Runtime installation.

rem                   Defaults to JAVA_HOME if empty.

rem

set JAVA_OPTS = -Xms512m -Xmx512m

rem   JAVA_OPTS       (Optional) Java runtime options used when the "start",

rem                   "stop", or "run" command is executed

rem

rem   JSSE_HOME       (Optional)

But whether I have that line added in or not, I get the same value for:

   Runtime rt = Runtime.getRuntime();

    return rt.maxMemory();

which always yields the same value:

66650112

So it seems like I am not setting memory correctly.

Can someone suggest what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

Chris