Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Jim R. Wilson" <wi...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/21 17:56:59 UTC

Re: At what point does the cluster get faster than the individual nodes?

Hi Mark,

I'm a relative newcomer to Cassandra, but I believe the common
experience is that you start seeing gains after 5 nodes in a
column-oriented data store.  It may also depend on your usage pattern.

Others may know better - hope this helps!

-- Jim R. Wilson (jimbojw)