Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Tony Dunbar <du...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/08 22:20:38 UTC

Fineract CN Features

Hi...I am a dev looking for bank card support in an open source banking
project.

Does Fineract CN support it out of the box?  If not, would this be
something I could extend with an additional microservice.  If this is
possible, could you forward me a contact where I can begin a process of
contributing a bank card solution to fineract CN.

Tony
dunbar.tony@gmail.com

Re: Fineract CN Features

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Hi Tony,

Welcome to the community. We'd be delighted for you to work on this and
contribute it back to the upstream codebase.

It would be great for you to start documenting your requirements on a
ticket in JIRA so we can respond to it. I would also be happy to connect
you with resources that could help you in designing and/or building out
what you're looking to support.

You should also look at the payment hub the Mifos has been developing to
see if it would be useful to orchestrate the integration with the bank card
network. You can read about it here:

https://mifos.gitbook.io/docs/payment-hub-ee/business-overview

Re: Fineract CN Features

Posted by Saransh Sharma <sa...@muellners.org>.
On Sun, 9 Aug 2020, 04:47 Tony Dunbar, <du...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi...I am a dev looking for bank card support in an open source banking
> project.

Currently it does not, we should definitely work on it.

> Does Fineract CN support it out of the box?  If not, would this be
> something I could extend with an additional microservice.  If this is
> possible, could you forward me a contact where I can begin a process of
> contributing a bank card solution to fineract CN.

The current process of fineract CN is to build some services together.
 You might be able to find it on the wiki. Apache Fineract CN wiki.

There is a template provided by the community that you can follow to build
services.

Let me know if you need more in depth technical understanding.