Posted to users@maven.apache.org by David <ac...@yahoo.es> on 2007/10/24 00:37:34 UTC

Can't create global eclipse files with eclipse plugin for project with modules

Dear members,

I have the following directory structure:
project
--module1
----pom.xml
--module2
----pom.xml
--module3
----pom.xml
pom.xml

when I run mvn eclipse:eclipse it generates eclipse files for each submodule. Looking into the documentation of this plugins:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/

I don't see the way to configurate this behaviour. ¿Is there any shortcut to create a global Eclipse project too?

Thanks in advance,

David

Re: Can't create global eclipse files with eclipse plugin for project with modules

Posted by Jim Sellers <ji...@gmail.com>.
I don't think that you can create a "global eclipse project".

For each of your modules you can make it look like a "project" in eclipse by
going
1) right click
2) import
3) General / Existing Projects into Workspace
4) browse to your module
5) ** THIS IS THE IMPORTANT STEP** Make sure the "Copy projects into
workspace" is NOT checked
6) finish

This way you'll be able to work in the "eclipse way" and the "maven way".

HTH
Jim