Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com> on 2014/03/24 01:25:36 UTC

Strange case of the retweet

I don’t use social media very much. Until today I had maybe 30 followers and had only tweeted 100 times in total. But I mentioned the Mahout Spark work in a tweet and got the strangest response. In a few hours it had been retweeted around 70 times and I don’t think it has slowed down yet (3 more as I wrote this email). Also got a bunch of new followers and favorites. Not sure how to gage this response but it sure surprised me.

Wildfire? Maybe not but it seems clear that a lot of people out there are interested in Mahout on Spark.

Re: Strange case of the retweet

Posted by SriSatish Ambati <sr...@0xdata.com>.
Pat (& Ted,)

Great note. These are exciting times for Mahout. The way to think about it
is that these initiatives will drive momentum to the Mahout as the umbrella
platform for Machine Learning. It's success will drive wide-scale adoption
of scalable machine learning algorithms in the enterprise & H2O is
committed to that unified vision. Spark is a terrific in-memory platform
for that. Stratosphere will be another. Scala, R, Python, JS, Java and the
Matrix APIs make it a polyglot modeling & programming universe. This will
be fun.

Looking forward to energizing the community and
solving user problems with better software, Sri

--
ceo & co-founder, 0 <http://www.0xdata.com/>*x*data Inc
+1-408.316.8192

Re: Strange case of the retweet