Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Alten, Jelle Paul (uto)" <je...@ordina.nl> on 2002/11/22 16:42:57 UTC

How to use Command Line for html Generation

Hi,

I would like to put a static html version of a cocoon site on a html-only
server. I read somewhere that I can generate the HTML using the command-line
options for Cocoon, but I don't know how.
I run Cocoon 2.0.3, Windows 2000, JDK 1.4.0 and Tomcat 4.0.3 (probably
doesn't matter). I admit, I know just about nothing about java... shame on
me.

Looking forward to your reaction,

Jelle

Re: How to use Command Line for html Generation

Posted by Alex McLintock <al...@OWAL.co.uk>.
At 15:42 22/11/02, Alten, Jelle Paul (uto) wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I would like to put a static html version of a cocoon site on a html-only
>server.

What I do is to use a windows program WinHTTrack to download the whole site.
It crawls the Cocoon site and saves all the files locally - which can then
be uploaded to your static files only webserver.

http://www.httrack.com/

Alex

Openweb Analysts Ltd, London.
Software For Complex Websites http://www.OWAL.co.uk/
Open Source Software Companies please register here
http://www.OWAL.co.uk/oss_support/