Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by jo...@philips.com on 2003/02/14 09:27:37 UTC

[Question] Prototype mismatch from MIME::Base64 under RunPerl

OS: Windows2000
Apache: 1.3.27
ModPerl: 1.27_01-dev

I have a script that ran perfectly well when not run under ModPerl but
have recently tried to run it under modperl using the RunPerl module. It
still seems to run OK, however my error log now seems to being filled with
the following error messages ...

Prototype mismatch: sub
Apache::ROOT::MSS_2dcgi::documents_2ecgi::encode_base64 vs ($;$) at
c:/NMS/Perl/lib/Exporter.pm line 57.
Prototype mismatch: sub
Apache::ROOT::MSS_2dcgi::documents_2ecgi::decode_base64 vs ($) at
c:/NMS/Perl/lib/Exporter.pm line 57.

The errors are connected with the MIME::Base64 module when it defines the
external subroutine names. The relevant section of my conf file is ...

Alias /MSS-cgi/        "C:/NMS/MSSWeb/cgi-bin/"
Alias /MSS-js/         "C:/NMS/MSSWeb/includes/"
Alias /MSS-images/     "C:/NMS/MSSWeb/images/"

<Location "/MSS-cgi">
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler Apache::PerlRun
Options +ExecCGI
PerlSendHeader On
</Location>

I've searched all potential areas on the net with no success. Can anyone
here assist ?

John Everitt