Posted to dev@tuweni.apache.org by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name> on 2019/04/26 23:35:45 UTC

[VOTE] Tuweni 1.0.0 release

We're voting on the source distributions available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tuweni/1.0.0/
Specifically:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tuweni/1.0.0/tuweni-1.0.0-incubating.tgz
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tuweni/1.0.0/tuweni-1.0.0-incubating.zip

This is our first release. Please help tease out all the bad bits out of this.

Cheers,

Antoine

Re: [VOTE] Tuweni 1.0.0 release

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name>.
Thanks for the feedback.

> On Apr 30, 2019, at 9:11 AM, Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Hi -
>
> -1 (binding) - willing to discuss with input from other Mentors.
>
> The source release directory consists of a directory of jar files of sources. That’s highly unusual. Why is it done this way? Verifying all of these means further unpacking. I did this and the files do have license headers.
Did you just want the source files with no compression?

> sources/net/consensys empty directories exist in all of these source jars.
That’s an issue on my machine :/ I’ll do a clean checkout. Sorry about that.

> None of the site files have LICENSEs.
The site files are generated javadoc, did you want a LICENSE file next to them or a comment in them?

> I did the LICENSE check with Apache RAT.
>
> java -jar ~/Development/apache-rat-0.12.jar . > rat-out
>
> Creating a .rat-excludes file is always helpful.
I’ll look into RAT. Thanks!

Re: [VOTE] Tuweni 1.0.0 release

Posted by Steven J Schroeder <sj...@apache.org>.
On the version debate, I’m comfortable with 0.7.0 as well. Given the nature
of the spec some of Tuweni implements, I’m not convinced there won’t be a
number of breaking changes to the public API in the near future.

—
Steven Schroeder

Re: [VOTE] Tuweni 1.0.0 release

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name>.

Re: [VOTE] Tuweni 1.0.0 release

Posted by Michael Wall <mj...@apache.org>.
Thanks Antoine,

Re: [VOTE] Tuweni 1.0.0 release

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name>.

Re: [VOTE] Tuweni 1.0.0 release

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi -

The page can now be viewed at http://incubator.apache.org/projects/tuweni.html

Other information is available here: https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/ppmc/tuweni

Podling report should be submitted here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/May2019

Regards,
Dave

Re: [VOTE] Tuweni 1.0.0 release

Posted by Michael Wall <mj...@apache.org>.
Sweet, thanks Kenn

Re: [VOTE] Tuweni 1.0.0 release

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name>.
Thanks Kenn!

Re: [VOTE] Tuweni 1.0.0 release

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Tuweni 1.0.0 release

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Tuweni 1.0.0 release

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi Kenn,

Re: [VOTE] Tuweni 1.0.0 release

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Tuweni 1.0.0 release

Posted by Michael Wall <mj...@apache.org>.
Dave,

Re: [VOTE] Tuweni 1.0.0 release

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.

Re: [VOTE] Tuweni 1.0.0 release

Posted by Michael Wall <mj...@apache.org>.
Yeah, I am -1 also.

Re: [VOTE] Tuweni 1.0.0 release

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi -

Re: [VOTE] Tuweni 1.0.0 release

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi Antoine,

Re: [VOTE] Tuweni 1.0.0 release

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name>.
Dave,

Re: [VOTE] Tuweni 1.0.0 release

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name>.
OK, I have pushed a new build. Please take a look when is convenient and I’ll open a new vote thread if they look good to you.

Thanks!

Antoine

Re: [VOTE] Tuweni 1.0.0 release

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name>.

Re: [VOTE] Tuweni 1.0.0 release

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.

Re: [VOTE] Tuweni 1.0.0 release

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name>.
Hey Kenn - ping.

Re: [VOTE] Tuweni 1.0.0 release

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Tuweni 1.0.0 release

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name>.
Sure, let me see what is needed:

https://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#initialize_podling_status_page <https://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#initialize_podling_status_page>

I’m not sure about the last item "Release distribution area is not setup <https://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#what_goes_into_a_release>”. We do have a download page here: http://tuweni.apache.org/download/ <http://tuweni.apache.org/download/>

Re: [VOTE] Tuweni 1.0.0 release

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.