Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by sub3 <st...@subwest.com> on 2008/08/08 16:26:27 UTC

Debugging a locked state

Hi,
Occasionally, my system locks up (7/31 Snapshot).  I've poured though the
logs and can't find any reason for the stoppage.
If I restart a component, it gets locked when it executes
'connection.setClientID(clientId)'.

Can any give me any insight as to what ActiveMQ does here?  I.e. is it
waiting for a status from some other component, or just trying to determine
uniqueness?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Debugging a locked state

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
This is when the client is first forced to issue a request to the
broker.  Are you sure your broker is up?  If you are using failover
and the broker is down, it will make this call block.

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 10:26 AM, sub3 <st...@subwest.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Occasionally, my system locks up (7/31 Snapshot).  I've poured though the
> logs and can't find any reason for the stoppage.
> If I restart a component, it gets locked when it executes
> 'connection.setClientID(clientId)'.
>
> Can any give me any insight as to what ActiveMQ does here?  I.e. is it
> waiting for a status from some other component, or just trying to determine
> uniqueness?
>
> Thanks for your help.

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com