Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Cris Berneburg - US <cb...@caci.com> on 2014/12/18 18:50:06 UTC

RE: tomcat on windows 2012 weirdness - SOLUTION

Chris, Andre, Ameer, and Konstantin

Thank you all very much for your time, insight, and help.  I have a learned a lot about during this ordeal, and I am a better web developer for it.

OK, the source of and solution to the problem is...

"Internet Explorer 9 will not accept cookies from Intranet sites?"

http://superuser.com/questions/294895/internet-explorer-9-will-not-accept-cookies-from-intranet-sites

> My issue ended up that I was using an invalid character in my local fqdn.
> In my case it was underscore.
> www.website_dev.com
> That name didn't allow cookies to work. When I changed the underscore to a hyphen everything was good.

Bingo!  Changed the server name and it worked.  All my angst due to a bug in IE.  Who would have ever guessed that?  ;-)

--
Cris Berneburg, Lead Software Engineer
CACI, IRMA Project, 703-679-5313