Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Igor Nazarenko <ig...@hotmail.com> on 2003/01/07 19:14:12 UTC

Busy wait loop in listener thread (NT/2000)

In winnt MPM, the listener thread enters a busy wait loop when all
workers are busy (either handling requests or blocking on keep-alive
connections). Both 2.0 and 2.1 versions behave the same.

Relevant code is in mpm/winnt/child.c, functions winnt_accept() and
mpm_get_completion_context().

Is it a problem that I should try to fix, or am I missing something
important and that's how it's supposed to work?

Igor

RE: Busy wait loop in listener thread (NT/2000)

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.
Yea, this is a problem in the Windows MPM that we've have know about for a
while. Take a shot at fixing it.

Bill