Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by michael <mi...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/18 17:56:21 UTC

Questions from a newbie!

Hi everybody!

First of all sorry for my procceded bad English.

I'am really a dummy,so i am asking for help.

My BA Thesis is about XSD type matching, so i need help.

I've figured out that the API that more likely i need to use for my
assignment is Schema Type API.(I hope i'am right!)

So,for start , i am trying to insert (don't know the terminology,sorry)
, possibly that would be compile/parse the XSD file into my code in
order to use it and figure out what every interface/field/method does ,
simply newbie printing things for now.

I tried to use on my code the CompileXsd() but i can't figure out and
understand thoroughly how this method works,what it takes etc etc.

To give you a more deep scope to what i want, i want to "pass" into my
code the .xsd file which is specified somewhere in my disk  and start
playing  with  it , with the built-in interfaces.

For the record,i'm using Eclipse ganymede and i've already insert the
xmlbeans-2.4.0 jars etc into my personal libraries on the project , and
all imports are ok.

I would like to give me samples of code for "passing" in the .xsd file
because i can't figure out what the methods take as parameters.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

PS. I'm new to JAVA to... :(

Re: Questions from a newbie!

Posted by michael <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi again and sorry for disturbing you with all this newbie questions.

I managed finally to excercise a little bit with the API but i have many
things to grasp....

I have an all new question.How i can make a new xsd file with a xmlbeans?
As i examine the inserted xsd file i want to make a new remodeled.

So,my question is what classes/interfaces to visit on the doc for
further study...

I hope everybody understood what i am asking even with my horrible
English :)

Thanks in advance for your answers,

Michael

Re: Questions from a newbie!

Posted by Alessandro Behling <sa...@gmail.com>.
you managed to figure out that SchemaCodePrinter is not a class, and still
tried to instantiate it? being an interface it provides you with a contract
so that you can have your own implementation

Re: Questions from a newbie!

Posted by michael <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi again,

Re: Questions from a newbie!

Posted by michael <mi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for yor answe.Finally i found it.I wrote asside the class main
throws Exception and everything seems fine (for now).

I would to ask you one more think.Is there any pdf file with all the
xmlbeans doc?That would be very convenient for someone who wants to
study from scratch.If there is one  let me  know!

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Re: Questions from a newbie!

Posted by Jacob Danner <ja...@gmail.com>.