Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Arkadi Colson <ar...@smartbit.be> on 2013/03/04 09:46:11 UTC

Creating shards without id

Hi

When creating the shards through the admin interface it's not possibleto
specify the number of shards. I created the shards with the same shardid
so I'm having 2 shards for each collection. When checking the zookeeper
status the numShards = null. I did this before starting the index
process. I'm not intended to change this from now. So will there be a
problem in the future with this way of workingand do I have to use the
collections APIfrom the beginning?

Thx!

--
Best regards

Arkadi Colson

Smartbit bvba . Hoogstraat 13 . 3670 Meeuwen
T +32 11 64 08 80 . F +32 11 64 08 81

Re: Creating shards without id

Posted by Arkadi Colson <ar...@smartbit.be>.
Will create an issue for that.

It's probably a good idea to recreate the shards and index all documents
again or is there a way to fix this?

Thx!

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.