Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Confused User <ta...@mailbox.co.za> on 2004/08/10 17:36:44 UTC

Multiple Tables & Listener Invocation

Hi,

I've scanned through the documentation and newsgroups but
without any luck... I'm also still reading the book so
(please bear with me)...

Initially: we had a master detail setup where after
selection from a table a detail form was populated. This
works perfectly. The table itself was not included within
the form.

We then required a sub-table within the detail section of
the form - this is largely to save screen real-estate
(PropertySelection was great, but ultimately we plan to
create a selection-grid type component (palette-like) that
will be used accross our application - as we will be using
most likely be using Table as a base, this serves as a
proof-of-concept for parts of our interface design). The
idea is that the table will determine which sub-item's
details are displayed.

Problem: the listener attached to the selected row of the
sub-table is never executed. Instead the main table's
listener is invoked. Moving the master table to within the
form didn't help, neither did wrapping the master table
within it's own form... We thought that this might be
related to some form of hierarchy (hence all the
moving/changes to nesting and forms).

Ideas/Suggestions/...?

Thanks in advance,