Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Sharan, Dharmendra" <Dh...@gs.com> on 2002/03/07 18:40:54 UTC

IE reloads the PDF document generated from servlet multiple times (2 times!)

Hi FOP Users,

   Has anyone come across the problem of Servlet getting called multiple
times by IE (ver 5.5)

   I use the following to render PDF using an input source, however I see in
log that that IE calls my servlet 2 times!

   I use the following code as in the example for embedding fop in servlet -
            Driver driver = new Driver(inputSource,
response.getOutputStream());
            driver.setRenderer(Driver.RENDER_PDF);
            driver.run();

    Aparently I noticed that after the first time my servlet is done
processing the XSLT, IE 5.5 launches the PDF pluggin!,
    The PDF pluggin again repeats the whole XSLT transform, and only then it
display the PDF output.

    Anybody has similar experience with IE 5.5 ? any ideas/suggestions are
appreciated.

    Thanks!,

    Dharmendra