Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net> on 2002/11/01 18:47:56 UTC

mod_jk log analysis/report perl scripts imported to CVS

I have imported the mod_jk log analysis scripts into CVS.

The scripts for analyzing the logs generates alot of data.
The scripts for graphing/reporting this data only generates
five long term graphs.  More graphs and reports could be generated
from the raw data.

For an example of these graphs look at:

http://kinetic.more.net/ar/kinetic/lottery.shtml

Only the long term graphs referring to tomcat in this page were
generated by the new perl scripts.  The server load graph was not.

Enjoy,

Glenn

Re: mod_jk log analysis/report perl scripts imported to CVS

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.
Henri Gomez wrote:
> Glenn Nielsen wrote:
>
>> I have imported the mod_jk log analysis scripts into CVS.
>>
>> The scripts for analyzing the logs generates alot of data.
>> The scripts for graphing/reporting this data only generates
>> five long term graphs.  More graphs and reports could be generated
>> from the raw data.
>>
>> For an example of these graphs look at:
>>
>> http://kinetic.more.net/ar/kinetic/lottery.shtml
>>
>> Only the long term graphs referring to tomcat in this page were
>> generated by the new perl scripts.  The server load graph was not.
>

> Great ;)
>
> BTW, for a 100% pure Java version, you should take a look at a great and
> free Java Graph library, jfreechart, which is LGPL.
>
> http://www.object-refinery.com/jfreechart/

I am aware of JFreeChart and may use it in the future for some applications.

But nothing really beats perl for writing quick scripts for log
analysis, etc.

Just picking the right tool for the job. :-)

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Glenn Nielsen wrote:
> I have imported the mod_jk log analysis scripts into CVS.
>
> The scripts for analyzing the logs generates alot of data.
> The scripts for graphing/reporting this data only generates
> five long term graphs.  More graphs and reports could be generated
> from the raw data.
>
> For an example of these graphs look at:
>
> http://kinetic.more.net/ar/kinetic/lottery.shtml
>
> Only the long term graphs referring to tomcat in this page were
> generated by the new perl scripts.  The server load graph was not.

Great ;)

BTW, for a 100% pure Java version, you should take a look at a great and
free Java Graph library, jfreechart, which is LGPL.

http://www.object-refinery.com/jfreechart/

Regards