Posted to users@pulsar.apache.org by Anonymitaet _ <an...@hotmail.com> on 2021/08/27 08:23:15 UTC

[Upgrade Docusuraus] Standardizing Writing Process

Hi Pulsar enthusiasts,

As we discussed<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IV35SI_F8G8cL-Vuzknc6RTGLK9_edRMpZpnrHvAWNs/edit> before, to improve the UX, we plan to upgrade the Pulsar website framework (Docusuraus) from 1.11 to the latest stable version.

We’ve started upgrading Docusuraus this week. When migrating docs, we’ve encountered some issues caused by non-standard syntax usages in docs.

Consequently, to facilitate the migration process, when writing docs for Pulsar, please comply with the following rules:

  *   Use closing tags for HTML or markdown.

Example

o    Wrong: <li>xxx, <br>xxx

  *   Use React syntax for HTML tags.

Example

  *   Test your doc change before submitting it.

It is pretty simple and quick: just paste your doc changes to the MDX Playground Box<https://mdxjs.com/playground/> to see whether it renders correctly. If yes, go ahead. If no, correct the syntax and then submit doc changes.

Let’s work together to make the upgrade work go smoothly. Thanks for your cooperation!

P.S. you can check the status of upgrading Docusuraus here<https://github.com/apache/pulsar/issues/11766>. We’d love your feedback!

urfreespace & Anonymitaet