Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Peter C. Verhage" <pe...@zeelandnet.nl> on 2000/09/28 18:24:46 UTC

Cocoon 2 and Taglibs

Are Cocoon 1 taglibs compatible with Cocoon 2? Or better said: is/will
Cocoon 2 (be) compatible with Cocoon 1 taglibs? :)

Peter

Re: Cocoon 2 and Taglibs

Posted by Giacomo Pati <Gi...@pwr.ch>.
"Peter C. Verhage" wrote:

> : The built in (original) taglibs (request, session, response, cookie, ...)
> : are being ported by Richardo I believe.
>
> What I ment is my own taglibs... Will the syntax be the same?

Yes. The syntax is the same.

Giacomo

                                          Web:   http://www.pwr.ch

Re: Cocoon 2 and Taglibs

Re: Cocoon 2 and Taglibs

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
At 18:24 +0200 28/09/00, Peter C. Verhage wrote:
>Are Cocoon 1 taglibs compatible with Cocoon 2? Or better said: is/will
>Cocoon 2 (be) compatible with Cocoon 1 taglibs? :)
>
>Peter

The built in (original) taglibs (request, session, response, cookie, ...)
are being ported by Richardo I believe.

I am rewriting the FP taglib to hopefully be upwards compatible, by
implementing XObject.

Cocoon 2 does not handle XObject yet and I don't know how to write the
toSAX method, so even if it were released, it would not work.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

   <ma...@mac.com>     		 <http://www.media.demon.co.uk>
    <phone:+44.[0].20.7737.6831>        <pa...@sms.genie.co.uk>

Re: Cocoon 2 and Taglibs

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Peter C. Verhage wrote:

> Are Cocoon 1 taglibs compatible with Cocoon 2? Or better said: is/will
> Cocoon 2 (be) compatible with Cocoon 1 taglibs? :)

as long as the logicsheets avoid the internal xsp DOM variables
(xspCurrentNode, etc.) they should work fine.

- donald