Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk> on 2005/06/12 02:20:59 UTC

HttpBasic Auth Support

Hi,
I dont know if this was the right thing to do, but I needed Basic Auth
over Https, and when the web server returned a 401 with null content
Authenticator couldnt get ant MultipleProperties..... so I've added
BaseicAuth Support to Http.java, the config looks like this
<property>
   <name>http.auth.basic.username.0</name>
   <value>auser</value>
   <description>Usernames</description>
</property>
<property>
   <name>http.auth.basic.password.0</name>
   <value>apassword</value>
   <description>Passwords</description>
</property>
<property>
   <name>http.auth.basic.realm.0</name>
   <value>A Realm with spaces</value>
   <description>Realms</description>
</property>
<property>
   <name>http.auth.basic.username.1</name>
   <value>auser</value>
   <description>Usernames</description>
</property>
<property>
   <name>http.auth.basic.password.1</name>
   <value>apassword</value>
   <description>Passwords</description>
</property>
<property>
   <name>http.auth.basic.realm.1</name>
   <value>A Realm with spaces</value>
   <description>Realms</description>
</property>

If this is any good, could it go in as I want to use Nutch as a search
tool inside Sakai www.sakaiproject.org, and it would be much better to
use the distro rather than a hacked version.

If its no good, then I assume that you will have BasicAuth by some other
means. (HttpAuthenticatorFactory et al ?)

Ian