Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Dirkjan Ochtman <dj...@apache.org> on 2013/10/08 21:23:32 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.5.0-rc.1

Dear community,

I would like to release Apache CouchDB 1.5.0-rc.1.

We encourage the whole community to download and test these release
artefacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the
release is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release, so get
stuck in!

The release artefacts we are voting on are available here:

    wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/1.5.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-1.5.0.tar.gz
    wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/1.5.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-1.5.0.tar.gz.asc
    wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/1.5.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-1.5.0.tar.gz.ish
    wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/1.5.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-1.5.0.tar.gz.md5
    wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/1.5.0/rc.1/apache-couchdb-1.5.0.tar.gz.sha

Please follow the test procedure here:

    http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Test_procedure

Please remember that "rc.1" is an annotation. If the vote passes,
these artefacts will be released as Apache CouchDB 1.5.0.

Please cast your votes now.

Thanks,

Dirkjan

P.S. Thanks for Jan's hard work getting the build system up to date
over the past week.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.5.0-rc.1

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.
+1
Sigs ok
Tests ok

Gentoo Linux, Erlang R16B01, Spidermonkey 1.8.5
--
,,,^..^,,,

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
Sigs OK.
Tests pass.

+1

Also: Jenkins for 1.5.x is all green, yay.

Thanks to Dirkjan for his continued patience and for preparing this new release candidate.

Best
Jan

Posted by Dirkjan Ochtman <di...@ochtman.nl>.
On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 6:47 PM, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
> Russell brought this up on IRC and I just committed the fix to 1.5.x
> and master. Sorry for botching this one :/

No problem, it happens to the best of us!

I hereby declare this vote aborted, trying to spin up an rc2 in a short while.

Cheers,

Dirkjan

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.5.0-rc.1

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
Thanks Noah,

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
from __future__ import error

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.5.0-rc.1

Posted by Dirkjan Ochtman <di...@ochtman.nl>.

Posted by Matt Goodall <ma...@gmail.com>.
gpg sig: ok
md5: ok
sha1: ok
distcheck: ok
verify install: ok

+1

One small point: Dirkjan's gpg public key isn't one of the listed
--recv-keys in the Test_procedure wiki page.

- Matt