Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Aditi Dixit <ad...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/18 08:58:38 UTC

Checking if Framework has capabilities

Hi,
When I re-register a framework with an updated name, I know that the
FrameworkInfo gets updated, because I can see that on the Mesos web UI.
Similarly, is there a way to check if the framework has capabilities
through the user interface?

Thanks!

Re: Checking if Framework has capabilities

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.
We currently don't show the capabilities in the UI. You could add that info to state.json though where we model the framework. Mind sending a patch for that?

Also, the requestReesources() call is currently a no op.

@vinodkone

Posted by Alex Rukletsov <al...@mesosphere.com>.
AFAIK, we allow frameworks to update only certain fields for now, see
MESOS-2614 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-2614> and MESOS-1784
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-1784>. I don't think WebUI was
updated when Capabilities were added. Vinod, any plans to reflect that in
WebUI?

For your second question, my guess is: it's up to allocator.

Posted by Aditi Dixit <ad...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Rukletsov <al...@mesosphere.com>.
Hi Aditi,