Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Aaron Paxson <ap...@teters.com> on 2003/06/11 20:05:18 UTC

[users@httpd] httpd.conf issue

I was running Apache 1.3.27 on my intranet server, and decided to upgrade to
2.0.46 in order to get an LDAP auth module to work.  After installing the
new apache software over the existing one I get the following error when
trying to start up

invalid command 'ServerType'.

I installed Apache 2.0.46 on a different system just fine.  I think it's
because I compiled/installed over my previous version, but I didn't think
that would cause a problem.

Any ideas?

Aaron Paxson
IT Systems Analyst / Administrator

Re: [users@httpd] httpd.conf issue

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Aaron Paxson wrote:

> I was running Apache 1.3.27 on my intranet server, and decided to upgrade to
> 2.0.46 in order to get an LDAP auth module to work.  After installing the
> new apache software over the existing one I get the following error when
> trying to start up
>
> invalid command 'ServerType'.

You are trying to use a 1.3 httpd.conf file with 2.0.  Replace the
httpd.conf file with the one that comes with 2.0 (it should be named
httpd.conf-default or something like that).

Joshua.